The Three Bears
by Joe Ferri
Once upon a time in a foodservice kingdom not so far away, there lived a chef who owned Goldie’s Lox, a kosher-style restaurant.
Goldie needed to expand her culinary empire, and that involved going into the deep dark forest of the internet to forage for equipment in order to introduce her new line of organic, gluten free, sustainable porridge.
After many encounters with wolves trying to sell her cheap knock-off imports, she stumbled upon a cottage in Fairfield, NJ: the Pecinka Ferri Culinary Center.
There, a kindly old wizard let her test and chose between good better and best brands that fit her needs and budget. She tried one mixer that was too much for baking. Then she tried one that was too small for her volume. Then she tried one that was just right!
She did the same with ovens, fryers, tableware, griddles, and all of the E&S, until finding each that was just right!
Goldie slept well that night, secure in the knowledge that she had been led down the proper path and not bought into the fairy tale of cheaper is better.
Moral of the story (according to Goldie Bair): It is vital to lay bare all of the features so that you won’t bear the burden of the wrong equipment specified.
Hey, I didn’t know you had that:
- Star JetStar™ Popcorn Machine
- Toastmaster Convection Oven
The Globe 3600N Slicer will be retired on June 1.
Due to the current two week lead time, we will not accept any orders for the 3600N beyond May 18!
MORE FOOD FUN FACTS
11. An average ear of Corn has an even number of rows, usually 16.
12. Betty White is actually older than sliced Bread.
13. Humans share 50% of their DNA with Bananas.
14. Honey never spoils. You can eat 32,000-year-old Honey.
15. Peanuts are not Nuts. They grow in the ground like this, so they are legumes.
16. Vending machines are twice as likely to kill you than a shark is.
17. Coconuts kill more people than Sharks every year. So do Cows.
18. Pound cake got its name from its original recipe, which called for a pound each of Butter, Eggs, Sugar, and Flour.
19. The probability of you drinking a glass of Water that contains a molecule of Water that also passed through a Dinosaur is almost 100%.
20. Honey is made from nectar and Bee vomit.