Damaged Freight Procedures
A question that we get asked a lot is regarding how to handle damaged freight. This can be a frustrating problem, but we wanted to share a few tips on how to resolve this issue.
- Inspect every piece of the shipment before the driver leaves.
- VISIBLE DAMAGE: REFUSE the shipment and sign “Refused Damaged.” If only one piece is damaged, don’t refuse the entire shipment — there is a fee for pieces that are refused but not damaged.
- Call the factory to find out the process of getting a replacement.
- If you choose to sign for freight damaged, it is the dealer’s responsibility to open and process the freight claim directly with the carrier and to work with a service provider to repair the unit. This is NOT a warranty claim.
- CONCEALED DAMAGE: If the shipment is delivered and signed for “free of damage” and damage is discovered after fully unpacking everything, call the CARRIER, NOT the factory, within 24 hours of delivery.